Friday 14 December 2012

Technical Work on The Site


Going into the New Year, with Christmas soon upon us, I decided to fix a few issues I had with the current look of my blog.

1) I have changed the subtitle/slogan of the blog under the blog name. I had changed it before slightly, but while I’ve had amusement with both versions, they’ve always felt a little pretentious for me. The newer subtitle feels far more truthful and bluntly poetic for my philosophy for the blog, which will be continued with point 3) for these notes.

2) I’ve deleted film titles from the Site Topics section on the right hand side of the page. I felt that the label needed to be cleaned up to be more useable for readers to search through previous posts. My desire to turn this section that appears on each page into a growing and eclectic encyclopaedia of reviews is what I’m striving for while making it practical to actually use.

3) Keeping with the subtitle of ‘Anything will be reviewed’ my New Year’s goal for the blog itself is to follow this phrase fully. The starting of a continuous series of posts called This Week... helps with this, but I want the main reviews to be as diverse as possible, even if it means having to review more disappointing and bad films too. There will be no restrictions to what I will review, so any film (or short, mini-series etc.) is fair game to choose.

This post is to pull back the curtains for anyone who is interested, as I feel I should be open about even the smallest of changes on the site, and hopefully this information will be of some use for regular readers. If there is anything you would like to suggest as well, please leave any thoughts in the comment box below. Anything suggested will be looked at carefully with consideration...even any that call me a dope for worrying about having comments in the first place and inflating my own ego by posting this piece up.

No comments:

Post a Comment